Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fashion Footy: (Handbag Edition): Balenciaga Spring 2012 RTW


While the rest of the fashion world (not that I'm apart of it or anything, just an outside observation...lol) is genuflecting in front of portraits Nicolas Ghesquière for what was admittedly an amazing collection, I couldn't take my eyes off the bags!
 
I'm going to go ahead and quote purseblog.com for the description of these bags because it's early and I'm feeling lazy, "Half were ultraminimal two-tone shoulder bags and boxy shapes, and the other half were the kind of smallish bags that we’ve come to expect from the accessories industry in general, but with a very Balenciaga twist. Straps and buckles jut out from spots where you don’t expect, creating a counter intuitive look that still functions as you think such a bag should."
 
 






 
Although this video only show the bags in spurts, it does give you an idea of what was going on:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment